Blooma Nashville Yoga offers prenatal yoga, mama-baby yoga, babywearing-friendly barre, vinyasa classes with childcare, childbirth education, kids yoga, massage, and a community of support for moms-to-be, mamas, and their families.
Pee Problem? Achy Hips?
You can fix that! We can help!
You can’t just sweat your way to solving problems like hip pain, backache, peeing yourself, or healing that weak, pooching belly experienced during pregnancy and postpartum.
Restorative Exercise isn’t the latest sexy fitness craze. But it is evidence-based and effective for your health. Alignment-based corrective workouts can help ease your pain and restore function. This kind of functional fitness also sets you up for lifelong mobility and health.
Here’s how Blooma Nashville mama Mary M. transformed her functional fitness with Restorative Exercise:
“I started pelvic floor work almost two years after my second child was born. My first child was a vaginal birth, and the second was a traumatic cesarean. Following my first birth, I started regularly peeing myself and couldn’t do any form of physical activity without having to change my pants. My OBGYN at the time referred me to a urologist. I was told to practice my kegels, and that ‘this was life after giving birth.’
When I knew we wanted to go for pregnancy number three, I decided to do more research as I wanted to be stronger. Both of my first pregnancies came with a lot of back pain, sciatica and discomfort. I also knew that if I ever wanted to get back into “normal” exercise again, I needed to strengthen my core. I was diagnosed with diastasis recti and sent to a physical therapist — and that might have been helpful if I would ever do the daily exercises she gave me.
It wasn’t until I started pelvic floor classes at Blooma that I really understood the science behind improving and repairing pelvic floor – and then I was able to finally incorporate the practice into every day/every hour of my life. This third pregnancy has been easier, more pain free, less changing of my pants than my first two by far. I am so grateful for everything I’ve learned through Taylor and Jennifer. Not to mention the community that I found within those walls. I am a few weeks from delivery & have taken a break from classes, but I still think about the practice every single day. I can’t wait to start coming back to Blooma for BYOBaby [mommy & me yoga] classes … as well as getting back to repairing my pelvic floor.”
Check out these Restorative Exercise workshops that are all about making pregnancy easier and postpartum less painful:
Your Postpartum Pelvic Floor
Saturday, March 17, 1:30pm-3:30pm
- Simple lifestyle changes that will improve pelvic floor function
- Exercises to strengthen your core and pelvic floor, heal diastasis recti, clear up incontinence, and relieve pain
- Proper alignment for standing, walking and baby holding
Abs Before + After Birth
Thursday, April 12, 7pm-8:30pm
- The abdominal muscles and the effects of pregnancy
- Abdominal separation (rectus diastasis); how to identify it and restore it after child birth
- Exercises that are both safe and effective for toning deep into the body’s core (pelvic floor, abdominals, hips and back).
Pelvic Floor for Women: Level 2*
Saturday, April 28, 1:30pm-3:30pm
- New exercises to continue improving your pelvic floor health
- How core and pelvic floor function are related
- Practical ways to incorporate aligned-movement into your daily activities*This workshop is open to women who’ve attended a previous pelvic floor-related workshop, or the weekly Pelvic Floor classes.
Your Pregnant Pelvic Floor
Saturday, May 12, 1:30pm-3:30pm
- Prepare the pelvic floor for birth & clear up incontinence
- Treat and prevent diastasis recti (splitting of the abdominal wall)
- Provide optimal space for fetal positioning
- Increase space in the pelvic outlet
- Maximize your chance of having a VBAC
- Decrease recovery time after vaginal or caesarean birth
You can sign up for any of these workshops here: Restorative Exercise workshops
Breathe easier at 4107 Charlotte Ave. Nashville TN 37209
Blooma Nashville Yoga